Below you will find some of my favorite online resources, inspiring videos, and noteworthy websites.
Environmental/Science news and info (in no particular order):
- Science Daily
- High Country News
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Climate Central
- Scientific American
- Science News
- Ars Technica Science
- Treehugger – Listen to their podcasts. They have all kinds of guests on talking about climate change, wildlife, sustainable energy, book reviews, etc. Podcasts have been discontinued but the old ones are still there.
- Crash Course Biology – Start with the basics – Great simple videos to understand general Biology.
Apps I use to help quickly make environmental decisions on products:
- GoodGuide – scan thousands of grocery store items to choose the safest, healthiest, greenest products you can find.
- Seafood Watch – Make sustainable seafood choices.
- Crowdrise – Anyone (from a celebrity to you) can start an online fundraising profile and earn $ for charity.
- Donors Choose – are you a teacher? A great way to gather funds for any project!
- Texaswild.me – Dr. Ray Matlack (my grad school advisor) travels the state of Texas discovering biodiversity. Check out his fabulous wildlife photos and videos.
- The Daily Post – fun blog to follow.
- Art of the Kickstart Podcast and website. Inspiring stories and helpful tips to running a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- gmap-pedometer.com – Track how far you’ve run, biked or strolled.
- meetup.com – Find people in your area to network with or just share passions.
- thegogreendirectory.com – All things green.
Videos to watch:
- Naima Montacer – Connect to Cool Climate Change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBYu-8PN2k
- Amy Cuddy – Your body language shapes who you are. http://youtu.be/Ks-_Mh1QhMc
- Ken Robinson – How schools kill creativity. http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity
- Neil Gaiman – Commencement speech at the University of the Arts – 2012. http://youtu.be/ikAb-NYkseI